Blog Archives

What is premium processing?

New Jersey Premium Processing Attorneys

Premium processing is a service that allows employment-based petitions and applications to get expedited and processed faster. Once the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) receives Form I-907, which is the Request for Premium Processing Service form, they have 15 calendar days to process the application or petition. The individual who submitted the application or petition to be expedited will then receive from the USCIS an approval, denial, request for evidence, open an investigation for fraud or misrepresentation or notify an intent to deny within the fifteen days. If none of these are received to the applicant in fifteen days, the USCIS will refund the Premium Processing Service fee and will still continue the expedited processing. If the reply to the application or petition is a notice of possible denial or a request for additional evidence, a new period of 15 calendar days will be enacted once the USCIS receives the required information.

At the Law Offices of Jef Henninger, Esq., our highly skilled, tenacious premium processing service lawyers will walk you through the Premium Processing Service as well as the application or petition process. With our free initial consultation, you can speak with one of our experienced Monmouth County premium processing lawyers and see what we can do for you. Schedule the consultation by calling 732-383-6242 any time, even on nights and weekends, to get started!

What do I need to do to get employed as a religious worker in the United States?

New Jersey Religious Worker Lawyers

To receive a religious worker green card, there are some requirements you must fall under. For example, you must have been a member of a non-profit religious denomination for two years, must have been working in a religious occupation for the two years, like as a minister or priest of the religion, and you are looking for entry into the United States to continue your religious occupation of the American employer’s denomination. In order to apply for this green card, either you or your employer needs to fill out and submit Form I-360 to the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). Along with the form, you must also provide the USCIS with proof of the religious organization being a non-profit and a letter from an official of the religious denomination in the United States. Depending on what you religious job you are applying for, such as continuing your professional as a minister or priest or changing to another type of religious vocation, the letter should speak of your qualifications, your previous two years in the religious denomination and what your job in the United States will entail.

Having an experienced, seasoned religious worker green card attorney is in your best interest and will make the entire process much simpler. At the Law Offices of Jef Henninger, Esq., our highly skilled and battle-tested religious worker green card lawyers are ready to work with you and help in getting you to practice your religious duty within the United States. Schedule a free initial consultation with our law firm at 732-383-6242 any time, even on nights and weekends, to get started with a Toms River religious worker green card attorney!

How do I get permanent residency through employment?

New Jersey Labor Certification Lawyers

Most foreign nationals who receive permanent residence through employment in our country go through the labor certification or PERM process. This PERM application must be submitted by the employer of the foreign national and sent to the US Department of Labor. This should show that the employer has tried to hire US workers for the job that the foreign national is applying for, but has not been successful in hiring US citizen workers.

When applying for labor certification, the first step is for the employer of the foreign national to request from the United States Department of Labor a prevailing wage determination. The employer then must also provide the US Department of Labor all the facts regarding the job in question, such as location of the job, the duties and requirements. Once this has been submitted and processed, the employer must try and initiate a good faith recruitment to see if any qualified American workers apply and meet the job requirements. The employer is expected to advertise the position in the local newspaper, post the job opening on the company website and submit the job opening with the New Jersey workforce agency.

If after all that advertising and posting the job opening through all the appropriate avenues yields no qualified and capable potential American worker, then the employer must fill out and submit an ETA-9089 form, more commonly known as a PERM application, to the US Department of Labor. Even though the PERM application can be submitted electronically, the US Department of Labor can take up to several months to process the application. Once the application is approved, there are 180 days for the employer to submit an I-140 visa petition to the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) to allow the foreign national employee to begin working and legally staying in the United States.

With all the complex steps and multiple forms and applications, having a successful and experienced labor certification attorney will help guide you throughout the submission process and make sure all requirements are filled. At the Law Offices of Jef Henninger, Esq., our highly skilled Atlantic City PERM application attorneys are available any time for a free initial consultation. Call us at 732-383-6242 to see what our experienced immigration law firm can do for you.

What type of visa do I need for employment?

New Jersey Employment Visa Attorneys

If you are a foreign national who wants to work in the United States, hiring a professional and knowledgeable immigration attorney is in your best interest. Employment based immigration is very complex and can involve numerous government agencies. Between dealing with the Department of Labor, Department of State, Department of Homeland Security and the United States Citizenship and Immigrant Services (USCIS) as well as the option for a temporary visa or permanent visa (PERM), it is a lot for someone who is not experienced in immigration law to handle. There are visas that are for specific types of occupations, such as religious work, athletes and entertainers, professionals, trainees, or even persons of extraordinary ability. At the Law Offices of Jef Henninger, Esq., our highly skilled employment based visa attorneys will work with the governmental agencies, your employer as well as letting you know which type of visa you are eligible towards, permanent or temporary. Schedule a free initial consultation with a Toms River immigration lawyer at 732-383-6242 and let us guide you through the visa and petition process for the best possible result.