Blog Archives

What is premium processing?

New Jersey Premium Processing Attorneys

Premium processing is a service that allows employment-based petitions and applications to get expedited and processed faster. Once the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) receives Form I-907, which is the Request for Premium Processing Service form, they have 15 calendar days to process the application or petition. The individual who submitted the application or petition to be expedited will then receive from the USCIS an approval, denial, request for evidence, open an investigation for fraud or misrepresentation or notify an intent to deny within the fifteen days. If none of these are received to the applicant in fifteen days, the USCIS will refund the Premium Processing Service fee and will still continue the expedited processing. If the reply to the application or petition is a notice of possible denial or a request for additional evidence, a new period of 15 calendar days will be enacted once the USCIS receives the required information.

At the Law Offices of Jef Henninger, Esq., our highly skilled, tenacious premium processing service lawyers will walk you through the Premium Processing Service as well as the application or petition process. With our free initial consultation, you can speak with one of our experienced Monmouth County premium processing lawyers and see what we can do for you. Schedule the consultation by calling 732-383-6242 any time, even on nights and weekends, to get started!

How do I hire an alien worker?

New Jersey Immigrant Worker Attorneys

Looking to sponsor an alien worker may seem a monumental task with all the paperwork and legalities that an employer would have to deal with. Working with an experienced, knowledgeable immigration law attorney can help you navigate through all the possible visas, green card and PERM applications that are available to immigrant workers. At the Law Offices of Jef Henninger, Esq., our team of tenacious, experienced immigration lawyers discuss with our clients the process of applying for a temporary working visa and even converting these to legal permanent residency. Our law firm works with both the employer and the employee for the best possible result and to work towards the goals of both. If the foreign-born worker is an executive of a multinational enterprise, of extraordinary ability or a professor of outstanding status, we work with the employer on how to properly sponsor these individuals. The Law Offices of Jef Henninger, Esq., helps American employers in complying with the Employee Verification System (I-9), defends against liability in anti-discrimination and document abuse laws, shows how to respond to letters received from Social Security and guides through the government’s E-Verify program. Contact our law firm today at 732-383-6242 to schedule a free initial consultation with a Hudson County immigrant worker lawyer.

How do I get permanent residency through employment?

New Jersey Labor Certification Lawyers

Most foreign nationals who receive permanent residence through employment in our country go through the labor certification or PERM process. This PERM application must be submitted by the employer of the foreign national and sent to the US Department of Labor. This should show that the employer has tried to hire US workers for the job that the foreign national is applying for, but has not been successful in hiring US citizen workers.

When applying for labor certification, the first step is for the employer of the foreign national to request from the United States Department of Labor a prevailing wage determination. The employer then must also provide the US Department of Labor all the facts regarding the job in question, such as location of the job, the duties and requirements. Once this has been submitted and processed, the employer must try and initiate a good faith recruitment to see if any qualified American workers apply and meet the job requirements. The employer is expected to advertise the position in the local newspaper, post the job opening on the company website and submit the job opening with the New Jersey workforce agency.

If after all that advertising and posting the job opening through all the appropriate avenues yields no qualified and capable potential American worker, then the employer must fill out and submit an ETA-9089 form, more commonly known as a PERM application, to the US Department of Labor. Even though the PERM application can be submitted electronically, the US Department of Labor can take up to several months to process the application. Once the application is approved, there are 180 days for the employer to submit an I-140 visa petition to the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) to allow the foreign national employee to begin working and legally staying in the United States.

With all the complex steps and multiple forms and applications, having a successful and experienced labor certification attorney will help guide you throughout the submission process and make sure all requirements are filled. At the Law Offices of Jef Henninger, Esq., our highly skilled Atlantic City PERM application attorneys are available any time for a free initial consultation. Call us at 732-383-6242 to see what our experienced immigration law firm can do for you.