Blog Archives

What do I need to do to be eligible for an immigrant investor green card?

New Jersey Investor Green Card Attorneys

To be eligible for an investor green card, or an EB-5 green card, you need to be a foreign national who has either invested or in the process of investing one million dollars into a new commercial venture. The amount can be $500,000 rather than the previously mentioned one million if the investment is in a targeted employment area. This investment must benefit the United States economy, as well as provide at least full-time employment to at least ten American individuals. This number of employees must be maintained and cannot go below the required ten for at least two years. If you can meet all of these requirements and make the investment, you can file an I-526 form, also known as an Immigrant Petition by Alien Entrepreneur. This form must be filled out with supporting documentation and submitted to the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).

Once the Form I-526 has been submitted to the USCIS and approved, the alien investor is then eligible to receive status as a conditional resident. In order to do so, the next step would be to file Immigration Form I-485, which is an application to register permanent residence or adjust status. After that, in order to remove the two year restriction, the alien investor can then fill out Form 1-829, which is a Petition by Entrepreneur to Remove Conditions. This form must be filled out and filed within 90 days before the conditional resident admission expires.

It is best to have an experienced green card attorney handle all the forms, documentation and dealings with governmental agencies. At the Law Offices of Jef Henninger, Esq., our aggressive, Bloomfield investor green card lawyers are ready to walk you through all the petitions and paperwork required. Reach out to our law firm any time by calling 732-383-6242 and we will schedule a free initial consultation to go over the specifics of your unique application.

What is the green card lottery?

New Jersey Green Card Lottery Lawyers

A green card lottery is a yearly lottery that occurs in October and November that the State Department conducts online. If you are considered a “winner,” it will allow you to apply for lawful permanent residence through a green card. There are about 50,000 winners each year, and if you are one of them, you will need an experienced immigration attorney to walk you through the paperwork and get everything filed and processed promptly. You don’t need an attorney to participate in the lottery, but it is highly recommended to retain one if you win. At the Law Offices of Jef Henninger, Esq., our smart, top green card attorneys are available for a free initial consultation to discuss the circumstances of your “winnings” and make sure all the necessary forms are filled out correctly and submitted to the appropriate departments and agencies. Call us at 732-383-6242 to make an appointment for the consultation with a Jersey City green card attorney.

What do I need to do to get employed as a religious worker in the United States?

New Jersey Religious Worker Lawyers

To receive a religious worker green card, there are some requirements you must fall under. For example, you must have been a member of a non-profit religious denomination for two years, must have been working in a religious occupation for the two years, like as a minister or priest of the religion, and you are looking for entry into the United States to continue your religious occupation of the American employer’s denomination. In order to apply for this green card, either you or your employer needs to fill out and submit Form I-360 to the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). Along with the form, you must also provide the USCIS with proof of the religious organization being a non-profit and a letter from an official of the religious denomination in the United States. Depending on what you religious job you are applying for, such as continuing your professional as a minister or priest or changing to another type of religious vocation, the letter should speak of your qualifications, your previous two years in the religious denomination and what your job in the United States will entail.

Having an experienced, seasoned religious worker green card attorney is in your best interest and will make the entire process much simpler. At the Law Offices of Jef Henninger, Esq., our highly skilled and battle-tested religious worker green card lawyers are ready to work with you and help in getting you to practice your religious duty within the United States. Schedule a free initial consultation with our law firm at 732-383-6242 any time, even on nights and weekends, to get started with a Toms River religious worker green card attorney!

Can you obtain a green card through an investment?

New Jersey Investor Green Card Lawyers

An EB-5 green card, also known as an investor green card, are for foreign nationals who invest one million dollars in a new company which creates at least ten jobs for American workers. The only exception to the amount of money required to become eligible for an investor green card is if the company is located in a rural or high-unemployment area, which then makes the required amount $500,000.

EB-5 investors don’t always start their own businesses; over 90% invest $500,000 in a Regional Center. The United States government allows 10,000 immigrant investor visas a year to be processed for foreign nationals looking for permanent residency. To make sure you receive one of these investor visas, reach out to a professional investor green card attorney who has decades of experience in the field of immigration law. The Law Offices of Jef Henninger, Esq., schedules free initial consultations and our aggressive Bloomfield investor green card lawyers are available any time, even on nights and weekends, at 732-383-6242. Call our law firm today to see what we can do for you.

How do I get a green card through amnesty?

New Jersey Amnesty Lawyers

Back in 1986, a law was passed which allows unlawful foreign national residents who have been in the country before 1982 to obtain a green card by applying for amnesty. The United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (known as the INS back then) became very critical and strict when implementing the law, which caused the Federal Court to create some regulative procedures. Due to this law and the success of the lawsuits that followed, millions of undocumented, unlawful foreign nationals could now apply to become legal American citizens.

If you or a loved one is a foreign national who has been in the country illegally from before 1982, you can apply for a green card under amnesty. At the Law Offices of Jef Henninger, Esq., our tenacious, highly skilled amnesty lawyers can represent clients in any court in New Jersey. To see what our law firm can do for you, schedule a free initial consultation with one of our experienced Bergen County amnesty attorneys at 732-383-6242.

How do I obtain a green card from outside of the United States?

New Jersey Consular Processing Lawyers

If you are not currently residing in the United States, or happen to be in the country illegally, you will need to apply for legal permanent residency through the United States Embassy or Consulate within your home country. When the visa petition is filled out by either your employer or relative who is is a United States citizen and approved by the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) the petition will be sent to the US National Visa Center. When the priority date gets close, the US National Visa Center will ask for the filing fees and to submit the rest of the paperwork for the immigrant visa interview. Once this is complete, the US National Visa Center will send your paperwork to the US Embassy or Consulate in your home country. They will they schedule you and your family for the interview.

Once the immigrant visa and any waivers that may be needed are approved, you and your family can then travel into the United States. You then can look at working towards achieving legal permanent residence in the country. With so many steps involved towards being a legal resident in the United States, the Law Offices of Jef Henninger, Esq., highly suggest hiring a knowledgeable, experienced consular processing attorney. Our skilled, experienced Union County consular processing attorneys have represented clients all over the state of New Jersey and have a vast knowledge and years of experience in immigration law. Call us any time at 732-383-6242 to use our free initial consultation.

How do I get a green card through marriage?

New Jersey Marriage Green Card Attorneys

Thought to be one of the quickest way to receive lawful permanent residence within the United States, is through marriage to a US citizen. Once married to a US citizen, the spouse is considered an immediate relative under the law, which exempts them from any quota restrictions in obtaining a green card through marriage.

The US citizen in the marriage begins the process of achieving a green card for his/her spouse by filling out and submitting a I-130 visa petition. If the foreign national spouse had legally entered the country, an adjustment of status can be filed, also known as a I-485 packet, without needing to leave the country. The spouse will then receive an Employment Authorization Document (EAD) within 90 days, and can possibly be eligible for an Advance Parole document to allow him/her to travel outside of the US.

However, if the immigrant spouse entered the country illegally or without inspection, that spouse may need to apply for the green card while outside of the US. But, they may also be eligible to apply for a provisional waiver while in the US.

In order to receive a green card, the marriage between the US citizen and immigrant must be true and provable. Ways that can help prove the marriage is through a wedding reception where the US citizen’s family is present, both people file their income tax returns together, if the couple has a child together as well as if the couple are both owners of a residence they share.

If the married couple receives a green card when the marriage is less than two years old, there will be a two year time limit set on the green card. The couple will then need to submit a I-751 form 90 days before the expiration of the two year green card in order to obtain a ten year green card. If the married couple divorces before the two year limit on the green card, the foreign national spouse will need to fill out the I-751 form as a good faith marriage waiver for the joint petition requirement instead.

At the Law Offices of Jef Henninger, Esq., our highly skilled, proficient green card attorneys have helped keep couples together legally throughout the State of New Jersey. Our experienced green card lawyers will walk you through the entire process and make sure all the paperwork is filled out completely and correctly before it is submitted to the USCIS. Call us for a free initial consultation with a Middlesex County green card lawyer at 732-383-6242 today!