Blog Archives

Is there a visa for aliens who wish to trade in the United States?

New Jersey Immigrant Trader Visa Lawyers

Yes, there is a temporary visa for alien traders called the E-1 status. To receive an E-1 classification, the United States must already have a commercial treaty with the alien’s home country and the person entering the country is looking to solely engage in a substantial amount of trade. Usually this kind of visa is for someone organizing trade between the United States and the foreign national’s home country. The trade that the alien trader is participating in must be an international exchange and the title to the item of the trade must pass from the United States and the treaty country. If the alien trader is already in the United States, in order to obtain an E-1 visa, the I-129 form must be filled out to apply for a change of status. If the alien trader is not currently residing in the United States, he or she can apply for the E-1 visa on their own with the United States consular office abroad.

If you are looking to trade in the United States and need to figure out which step is next and what forms need to be filled out, the Law Offices of Jef Henninger, Esq., has a team of tough, smart Red Bank trader visa attorneys available to discuss your options with our free initial consultation. Call our law firm at 732-383-6242 to schedule your consultation today!

What is premium processing?

New Jersey Premium Processing Attorneys

Premium processing is a service that allows employment-based petitions and applications to get expedited and processed faster. Once the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) receives Form I-907, which is the Request for Premium Processing Service form, they have 15 calendar days to process the application or petition. The individual who submitted the application or petition to be expedited will then receive from the USCIS an approval, denial, request for evidence, open an investigation for fraud or misrepresentation or notify an intent to deny within the fifteen days. If none of these are received to the applicant in fifteen days, the USCIS will refund the Premium Processing Service fee and will still continue the expedited processing. If the reply to the application or petition is a notice of possible denial or a request for additional evidence, a new period of 15 calendar days will be enacted once the USCIS receives the required information.

At the Law Offices of Jef Henninger, Esq., our highly skilled, tenacious premium processing service lawyers will walk you through the Premium Processing Service as well as the application or petition process. With our free initial consultation, you can speak with one of our experienced Monmouth County premium processing lawyers and see what we can do for you. Schedule the consultation by calling 732-383-6242 any time, even on nights and weekends, to get started!

How do I get US citizenship through my parents?

New Jersey Citizenship Attorneys

If you are a child that may have been born abroad, you still may have US citizenship, depending on the citizenship status of your parents and maybe even your grandparents. A knowledgeable, seasoned immigration attorney will need to look at various factors, such as:

  • the laws in place prior to the child’s date of birth.
  • see if both or one of the child’s parents were citizens at the time of the child’s date of birth.
  • see if parents had a physical presence or residence in the United States before the child’s birth.
  • if the parents did not have citizenship, check to see if the grandparents have legal citizenship.
  • see if the child lost citizenship due to previous enacted laws.

As one can see, if one parent was not a legal US citizen, or if the child was born abroad, the claim to the child’s US citizenship may not be that easily defined. With the multiple factors to consider, you can easily get confused if you may be a legal US citizen or not. This is why retaining a professional immigration lawyer who will walk you through the entire process as well as protect your rights, is a worthwhile investment. Contact the Law Offices of Jef Henninger, Esq., today at 732-383-6242 to speak with one of our highly skilled Red Bank citizenship lawyers with our free initial consultation.

Will I be able to pass my marriage exam?

New Jersey Marriage Exam Lawyers

The answer to this question depends on the answer of the following question: How well do you know your spouse? When going before a US Citizenship and Immigration Services official, you are going to be asked numerous, detail-specific questions in order to test the knowledge of not only your spouse, but your relationship with your spouse. You will be asked questions such as: date of when you first met, names of who attended the wedding and describing the residence you both live in.

If you can answer the USCIS official with specific dates, details and facts, then you will be able to pass your marriage exam. However, to get a better understanding of the interview process and what to expect during your marriage exam, you should speak to a seasoned, professional immigration attorney. An experienced immigration attorney will be able to prepare you and your spouse before facing the USCIS official, and can help defend you if you do happen to fail the exam and are charged with fraud. At the Law Offices of Jef Henninger, Esq., our experienced attorneys have experience in both immigration law and criminal defense, which allows us to be thorough with your case and to protect you fully, regardless of the outcome of your marriage exam. Call our Monmouth County immigration attorneys anytime, even on nights and weekends, at 732-383-6242 to use our free initial consultation.