Blog Archives

What do I need to do to be eligible for an immigrant investor green card?

New Jersey Investor Green Card Attorneys

To be eligible for an investor green card, or an EB-5 green card, you need to be a foreign national who has either invested or in the process of investing one million dollars into a new commercial venture. The amount can be $500,000 rather than the previously mentioned one million if the investment is in a targeted employment area. This investment must benefit the United States economy, as well as provide at least full-time employment to at least ten American individuals. This number of employees must be maintained and cannot go below the required ten for at least two years. If you can meet all of these requirements and make the investment, you can file an I-526 form, also known as an Immigrant Petition by Alien Entrepreneur. This form must be filled out with supporting documentation and submitted to the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).

Once the Form I-526 has been submitted to the USCIS and approved, the alien investor is then eligible to receive status as a conditional resident. In order to do so, the next step would be to file Immigration Form I-485, which is an application to register permanent residence or adjust status. After that, in order to remove the two year restriction, the alien investor can then fill out Form 1-829, which is a Petition by Entrepreneur to Remove Conditions. This form must be filled out and filed within 90 days before the conditional resident admission expires.

It is best to have an experienced green card attorney handle all the forms, documentation and dealings with governmental agencies. At the Law Offices of Jef Henninger, Esq., our aggressive, Bloomfield investor green card lawyers are ready to walk you through all the petitions and paperwork required. Reach out to our law firm any time by calling 732-383-6242 and we will schedule a free initial consultation to go over the specifics of your unique application.

Can you obtain a green card through an investment?

New Jersey Investor Green Card Lawyers

An EB-5 green card, also known as an investor green card, are for foreign nationals who invest one million dollars in a new company which creates at least ten jobs for American workers. The only exception to the amount of money required to become eligible for an investor green card is if the company is located in a rural or high-unemployment area, which then makes the required amount $500,000.

EB-5 investors don’t always start their own businesses; over 90% invest $500,000 in a Regional Center. The United States government allows 10,000 immigrant investor visas a year to be processed for foreign nationals looking for permanent residency. To make sure you receive one of these investor visas, reach out to a professional investor green card attorney who has decades of experience in the field of immigration law. The Law Offices of Jef Henninger, Esq., schedules free initial consultations and our aggressive Bloomfield investor green card lawyers are available any time, even on nights and weekends, at 732-383-6242. Call our law firm today to see what we can do for you.

How do I get rid of an unlawful presence bar?

New Jersey Waiver Lawyers

The United States Congress passed a law in 1996 that bars foreign nationals from entering the country who have previously been in the country illegally for certain periods of time. For example, if you are a foreign national who had been in the United States illegally for 180 days or more after April 1, 1997 and then left the country, you cannot enter the United States for three years. If you had been in the United States illegally for a year or more after April 1, 1997, then you can’t enter the United States for ten years! These restrictions apply to individuals who have entered the country illegally who try to reenter the country after being deported. And if you are an illegal alien who has committed fraud, you can be barred from entering the United States for life. The only way around these restrictions is to apply for a waiver.

To receive a waiver, Form I-601 needs to filled out and submitted to USCIS. This form must demonstrate that another American citizen or legal permanent resident would experience extreme hardship unless the waiver was accepted. In order to make sure to stress the need for this foreign individual to return to the United States is projected properly, hiring a smart, tough waiver attorney is in your best interest. At the Law Offices of Jef Henninger, Esq., our team of highly skilled Essex County waiver lawyers are available for a free initial consultation any time, even on nights and weekends. Call our 24/7 hotline at 732-383-6242 today!