What do I need to do to get employed as a religious worker in the United States?

New Jersey Religious Worker Lawyers

To receive a religious worker green card, there are some requirements you must fall under. For example, you must have been a member of a non-profit religious denomination for two years, must have been working in a religious occupation for the two years, like as a minister or priest of the religion, and you are looking for entry into the United States to continue your religious occupation of the American employer’s denomination. In order to apply for this green card, either you or your employer needs to fill out and submit Form I-360 to the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). Along with the form, you must also provide the USCIS with proof of the religious organization being a non-profit and a letter from an official of the religious denomination in the United States. Depending on what you religious job you are applying for, such as continuing your professional as a minister or priest or changing to another type of religious vocation, the letter should speak of your qualifications, your previous two years in the religious denomination and what your job in the United States will entail.

Having an experienced, seasoned religious worker green card attorney is in your best interest and will make the entire process much simpler. At the Law Offices of Jef Henninger, Esq., our highly skilled and battle-tested religious worker green card lawyers are ready to work with you and help in getting you to practice your religious duty within the United States. Schedule a free initial consultation with our law firm at 732-383-6242 any time, even on nights and weekends, to get started with a Toms River religious worker green card attorney!

What visa can I get if I’m a person of extraordinary ability?

New Jersey O Status Attorneys

An O status visa, or an O-1 non-immigrant temporary visa, is eligible for foreign nationals who have extraordinary ability in business, sports, teaching, science or art. The employer looking to hire this foreign individual with extraordinary ability must file Form I-129 with a copy of the contract for the job, a written advisory opinion and any evidence of the individual’s achievements. Evidence for this could be something like a Nobel Prize, having a scholarly article that the individual wrote published in an esteemed journal, or membership in an association in the field of classification. An O-1 non-immigrant temporary visa is also eligible for individuals who have achieved notoriety of extraordinary achievement in media, such as the television or motion picture industries. Just like with filling out the Form I-129 petition for a teaching or science classification, the same evidence must be gathered. However, instead of a Nobel Prize, it could be an Emmy or Academy Award.

If you are looking to get employed within the United States and can demonstrate an extraordinary ability, contact the Law Offices of Jef Henninger, Esq., to speak with one of our professional O status visa attorneys. Our experienced Ocean County visa lawyers will walk you through all the appropriate forms and make sure everything is completed correctly. Use our free initial consultation by calling 732-383-6242 and schedule an appointment today!

Am I eligible to become a United States citizen?

New Jersey Naturalization Lawyers

There are a couple of requirements one must meet in order to become a United States citizen. In order to properly naturalize, the foreign national must:

  • Pass a United States government and history test
  • Have been a permanent resident in the country legally for at least five years (this requirement changes if you have been married to a US citizen which changes it to three years)
  • Give an oath of loyalty to the United States of America
  • Have been physically present in the country for over 50% of the five year requirement
  • Being able to write, read and speak English
  • Being a good, moral person

Foreign nationals can also get naturalized by being sponsored by a US citizen, through birth or through acquisition or derivation. Naturalization can also get revoked, so it is important to have a knowledgeable and aggressive naturalization lawyer on your side. At the Law Offices of Jef Henninger, Esq., our professional, hard-hitting citizenship attorneys will explain the naturalization process, steps, and go over what is required in order to become a legal United States citizen. Contact our law office at 732-383-6242 to schedule a free initial consultation with a Jersey City naturalization attorney today.

What is the Child Status Protection Act?

New Jersey Child Status Protection Act Lawyers

The Child Status Protection Act (CSPA) was enacted to protect immigrant families from waiting times, so they can stay together with their children. Before the CSPA was created, if the immigrant child turned 21 years old, that child was no longer allowed to adjust status or immigrate with their parents. What the CSPA does is it “freezes the age” of the immigrant children either when a petitioning permanent resident parent naturalizes or when an American parent fills out and files the petition on their child’s behalf. The CSPA can also be enacted when a married foreign child who is petitioned by a US citizen parent, becomes widowed or even divorced. The CSPA also comes with a mathematical formula, which subtracts the amount of time the visa petition is pending from the current age of the child. If you child still happens to age-out, regardless of the mathematical formula or not, the CSPA also provides relief with the automatic conversion clause. The Child Status Protection Act also provides an opt-out measure, if the child so desires.

The CSPA is not only applicable for immigrant children after the law went into effect, but people who had submitted and filed for green cards before August 6, 2002 can also be protected under the CSPA. If you or your loved ones are looking to keep your family together and are afraid that your children may “age-out” with the long pending wait times, contact the Law Offices of Jef Henninger, Esq., as soon as possible. Our seasoned, tough Hudson County CSPA attorneys are prepared and ready to fight to keep you together within the United States. Use our free initial consultation by calling our 24/7 hotline at 732-383-6242.

Can you obtain a green card through an investment?

New Jersey Investor Green Card Lawyers

An EB-5 green card, also known as an investor green card, are for foreign nationals who invest one million dollars in a new company which creates at least ten jobs for American workers. The only exception to the amount of money required to become eligible for an investor green card is if the company is located in a rural or high-unemployment area, which then makes the required amount $500,000.

EB-5 investors don’t always start their own businesses; over 90% invest $500,000 in a Regional Center. The United States government allows 10,000 immigrant investor visas a year to be processed for foreign nationals looking for permanent residency. To make sure you receive one of these investor visas, reach out to a professional investor green card attorney who has decades of experience in the field of immigration law. The Law Offices of Jef Henninger, Esq., schedules free initial consultations and our aggressive Bloomfield investor green card lawyers are available any time, even on nights and weekends, at 732-383-6242. Call our law firm today to see what we can do for you.

How do I get rid of an unlawful presence bar?

New Jersey Waiver Lawyers

The United States Congress passed a law in 1996 that bars foreign nationals from entering the country who have previously been in the country illegally for certain periods of time. For example, if you are a foreign national who had been in the United States illegally for 180 days or more after April 1, 1997 and then left the country, you cannot enter the United States for three years. If you had been in the United States illegally for a year or more after April 1, 1997, then you can’t enter the United States for ten years! These restrictions apply to individuals who have entered the country illegally who try to reenter the country after being deported. And if you are an illegal alien who has committed fraud, you can be barred from entering the United States for life. The only way around these restrictions is to apply for a waiver.

To receive a waiver, Form I-601 needs to filled out and submitted to USCIS. This form must demonstrate that another American citizen or legal permanent resident would experience extreme hardship unless the waiver was accepted. In order to make sure to stress the need for this foreign individual to return to the United States is projected properly, hiring a smart, tough waiver attorney is in your best interest. At the Law Offices of Jef Henninger, Esq., our team of highly skilled Essex County waiver lawyers are available for a free initial consultation any time, even on nights and weekends. Call our 24/7 hotline at 732-383-6242 today!

I am an American citizen. Can I sponsor an alien family member?

New Jersey Family Based Immigration Attorneys

Over 500,000 foreign nationals become legal permanent residents each year due to family members sponsoring them. If you are an United States citizen, you can sponsor your brother, sister, spouse, mother, father, adult daughter or son. Aside from spouses, parents and children, all the other categories of immediate family members are placed under a numerically-limited preference system as sponsorships are processed. If you are a legal permanent resident in the country, but not a natural born citizen, you are limited in being able to sponsor your children, spouse or unmarried daughter or son.

Yes, you can sponsor a foreign national family member, but having an experienced lawyer in the field of immigration law and naturalization is critical. The Law Offices of Jef Henninger, Esq., has a team of hard-hitting attorneys with decades of extensive experience and can help walk you through the sponsorship process. Call our Hackensack family based immigration lawyers at 732-383-6242 any time, even on nights and weekends, to schedule your free initial consultation.

How do I get a green card through amnesty?

New Jersey Amnesty Lawyers

Back in 1986, a law was passed which allows unlawful foreign national residents who have been in the country before 1982 to obtain a green card by applying for amnesty. The United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (known as the INS back then) became very critical and strict when implementing the law, which caused the Federal Court to create some regulative procedures. Due to this law and the success of the lawsuits that followed, millions of undocumented, unlawful foreign nationals could now apply to become legal American citizens.

If you or a loved one is a foreign national who has been in the country illegally from before 1982, you can apply for a green card under amnesty. At the Law Offices of Jef Henninger, Esq., our tenacious, highly skilled amnesty lawyers can represent clients in any court in New Jersey. To see what our law firm can do for you, schedule a free initial consultation with one of our experienced Bergen County amnesty attorneys at 732-383-6242.

What is asylum?

New Jersey Asylum Attorneys

If you are a foreign national who is afraid of unjust persecution in your home country due to differing political opinion, nationality, race, religion or your membership in a specific social group, you may be granted the status of asylum. Asylum allows foreign nationals to stay within the United States so they don’t need to face unfair persecution in their home country. A foreigner living outside of the United States can also apply for this refugee status as long as they follow under the same criteria listed above, thanks to The Refugee Act of 1980.

The origin of the individual’s “fear of persecution” must be the individual’s home country government or a political or social group that the home country’s government is known to not have any control over. Proving that the individual applying for asylum status has also experienced past persecution either by their home country’s government or uncontrollable group in the home country, it helps establish why there is a fear of persecution. Then the individual asylum applicant must do what they can to prove that the initial circumstances of the past persecution have not changed since then and that further persecution will occur once the individual returns to their home country or show that in relocation of the individual to another part of the home country is not a reasonable solution as the persecution is still likely to occur in that area.

If the foreign national applying for asylum already has legal immigration status in the United States, he or she must submit form I-589 with the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). If the asylum application happens to get denied, the individual can still remain in the United States with their previous immigration status in tact. However, if the individual applying is a foreign national who is here illegally, he or she may be taken to Immigration Court and risks removal from the country in the event their asylum application is denied. But, this individual may be able to withhold removal and be eligible to apply for the Convention Against Torture. Even though this will keep the individual in the United States, it does not necessarily lead to permanent residency.

Given what is at risk, obtaining a professional and experienced asylum attorney is critical towards your own personal safety and freedom. Don’t settle for sub par legal representation when your life is on the line. The Law Offices of Jef Henninger, Esq., has numerous decades of experience and has a team of tough, smart New Jersey asylum lawyers ready to fight for you. Contact us at 732-383-6242 to schedule a free initial consultation today!

How do I get permanent residency through employment?

New Jersey Labor Certification Lawyers

Most foreign nationals who receive permanent residence through employment in our country go through the labor certification or PERM process. This PERM application must be submitted by the employer of the foreign national and sent to the US Department of Labor. This should show that the employer has tried to hire US workers for the job that the foreign national is applying for, but has not been successful in hiring US citizen workers.

When applying for labor certification, the first step is for the employer of the foreign national to request from the United States Department of Labor a prevailing wage determination. The employer then must also provide the US Department of Labor all the facts regarding the job in question, such as location of the job, the duties and requirements. Once this has been submitted and processed, the employer must try and initiate a good faith recruitment to see if any qualified American workers apply and meet the job requirements. The employer is expected to advertise the position in the local newspaper, post the job opening on the company website and submit the job opening with the New Jersey workforce agency.

If after all that advertising and posting the job opening through all the appropriate avenues yields no qualified and capable potential American worker, then the employer must fill out and submit an ETA-9089 form, more commonly known as a PERM application, to the US Department of Labor. Even though the PERM application can be submitted electronically, the US Department of Labor can take up to several months to process the application. Once the application is approved, there are 180 days for the employer to submit an I-140 visa petition to the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) to allow the foreign national employee to begin working and legally staying in the United States.

With all the complex steps and multiple forms and applications, having a successful and experienced labor certification attorney will help guide you throughout the submission process and make sure all requirements are filled. At the Law Offices of Jef Henninger, Esq., our highly skilled Atlantic City PERM application attorneys are available any time for a free initial consultation. Call us at 732-383-6242 to see what our experienced immigration law firm can do for you.