Is there a visa for aliens who wish to trade in the United States?

New Jersey Immigrant Trader Visa Lawyers

Yes, there is a temporary visa for alien traders called the E-1 status. To receive an E-1 classification, the United States must already have a commercial treaty with the alien’s home country and the person entering the country is looking to solely engage in a substantial amount of trade. Usually this kind of visa is for someone organizing trade between the United States and the foreign national’s home country. The trade that the alien trader is participating in must be an international exchange and the title to the item of the trade must pass from the United States and the treaty country. If the alien trader is already in the United States, in order to obtain an E-1 visa, the I-129 form must be filled out to apply for a change of status. If the alien trader is not currently residing in the United States, he or she can apply for the E-1 visa on their own with the United States consular office abroad.

If you are looking to trade in the United States and need to figure out which step is next and what forms need to be filled out, the Law Offices of Jef Henninger, Esq., has a team of tough, smart Red Bank trader visa attorneys available to discuss your options with our free initial consultation. Call our law firm at 732-383-6242 to schedule your consultation today!

Posted on March 29, 2013, in Articles and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: