How do I receive a J waiver?

New Jersey J Waiver Lawyers

A J-1 visa is for non-immigrants who are approved to participate in an exchange program and allows them to stay temporarily within the United States during the program. This kind of visa usually comes with a two year limit, where the non-immigrant will need to return to their home country after two years after the exchange program is completed. However, in some cases it is possible to get a J waiver to help remove the two year requirement.

The exchange visitor will need to follow the two year requirement if they came to the US for graduate medical school, they received money from the US or their home country or their job is listed on the Exchange Visitors Skills List: which is a list the US government utilizes to determine what jobs that are considered necessary to help in the development of the exchange visitor’s home country.

Given the factors above, it is considered very tough to be able to receive a J waiver to create an exception to the two year requirement. This can still be an issue to the foreign national, even if he or she has married a US citizen while staying in the country. Regardless, getting a J waiver is possible, but to increase your chances, hiring a J waiver and visa attorney is in your best interest. Our professional, tough J waiver attorneys at the Law Offices of Jef Henninger, Esq., will help turn your J visa into a J waiver, helping you stay within the country. In order to see what we can do for you, use our free initial consultation by talking to a New Brunswick J waiver attorney any time at 732-383-6242.

Posted on March 28, 2013, in Articles and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: