How do I obtain a green card from outside of the United States?

New Jersey Consular Processing Lawyers

If you are not currently residing in the United States, or happen to be in the country illegally, you will need to apply for legal permanent residency through the United States Embassy or Consulate within your home country. When the visa petition is filled out by either your employer or relative who is is a United States citizen and approved by the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) the petition will be sent to the US National Visa Center. When the priority date gets close, the US National Visa Center will ask for the filing fees and to submit the rest of the paperwork for the immigrant visa interview. Once this is complete, the US National Visa Center will send your paperwork to the US Embassy or Consulate in your home country. They will they schedule you and your family for the interview.

Once the immigrant visa and any waivers that may be needed are approved, you and your family can then travel into the United States. You then can look at working towards achieving legal permanent residence in the country. With so many steps involved towards being a legal resident in the United States, the Law Offices of Jef Henninger, Esq., highly suggest hiring a knowledgeable, experienced consular processing attorney. Our skilled, experienced Union County consular processing attorneys have represented clients all over the state of New Jersey and have a vast knowledge and years of experience in immigration law. Call us any time at 732-383-6242 to use our free initial consultation.

Posted on March 28, 2013, in Articles and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: