How do I get a H-1B Visa?

New Jersey H-1B Visa Attorneys

To receive a H-1B temporary visa, you must be a foreign national looking to work in the United States in a professional career. Sometimes fashion models can also be considered for this kind of visa if they are of exceptional merit and ability. The more common occupations for a H-1B temporary visa are for computer professionals, doctors, teachers, CPA’s, engineers and architects.

There is an annual cap on how many H-1B visas are accepted, which is set at 65,000 each year. However, there are an additional 20,000 that are reserved for people with doctorates, and other types of advanced degrees from US colleges. The United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) begins to accept H-1B petitions from employers on April 1st. Once these petitions are approved by the USCIS, the foreign national can obtain the H-1B visa or change their immigration status to start their employment on October 1st.

One important note to keep in mind is that there are also many H-1B jobs that do not fall under the numerical cap set by the USCIS. Those jobs that are known as “cap-exempt H-1B jobs” are occupations that include people who work at schools and universities, doctors who have received J waivers, research institutions for the government and non-profit businesses. If you are seeking employment in the United States, or if you are an employer looking to hire an immigrant for your business, make sure you talk to a knowledgeable H-1B visa attorney. The Law Offices of Jef Henninger, Esq., has a team of Ocean County visa lawyers who are available any time for a free initial consultation. Call us at 732-383-6242 to see what we can do for you today!

Posted on March 28, 2013, in Articles and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: